Join us at this networking event for the Alliance for Useful Evidence in Northern Ireland, designed to bring together individuals and agencies interested in improving and extending the use of evidence in public policy-making. This is a free networking event for anyone interested in championing evidence initiatives across the UK and Ireland.
- To network with researchers, commissioners, policy-makers and others involved in social policy and practice in Northern Ireland
- To discuss ideas and practice about how we use and exchange evidence in social policy and practice
- To hear about the work of the Alliance for Useful Evidence and its future plans
- To share learning from members of the Alliance and interested parties on how to improve and promote useful evidence in policy -making.
3pm Introductions: Peter O’Neill, Northern Ireland Manager, Evidence Exchange, Alliance for Useful Evidence
3.15: What counts as evidence in policy-making in Northern Ireland: Professor Sally Shortall, Queen’s University Belfast
3.35: The role and function of the Alliance for Useful Evidence: Jonathan Breckon, Director, Alliance for Useful Evidence
4.45: Closing remarks: Jonathan Breckon
RSVP before 23 October 2015 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Friday 6th of November 2015 3:00pm - 5:00pm
Carnegie Library, 121 Donegall Road, Belfast, BT12 5JL
- Professor Sally Shortall, Queen's University Belfast
- Jonathan Breckon, Alliance for Useful Evidence
- Peter O'Neill, Evidence Exchange (an Alliance for Useful Evidence project)