The What Works Centre for Children's Social Care Development Team (The Alliance for Useful Evidence at Nesta, FutureGov, Traversum and the Social Care Institute for Excellence) is running a series of events for practitioners to help gather detailed information and perspectives on:
- The key tasks and activities that social workers and colleagues perform,
- How data and evidence might be made more readily accessible and useable,
- How practitioners would like to get involved with the establishment of the Centre.
11 December 2017 – Leeds
14 December 2017 – London
18 January 2018 – Bristol
29 January 2018 – Coventry
The events are aimed at:
- Children’s social work practitioners such as frontline social workers, team managers, principal social workers, senior managers, practice leaders (e.g. Heads of Service and Assistant Directors),
- Other practitioners in the children’s social care system (e.g. non-qualified workers in residential care, family support workers, personal advisers and independent advocates),
- Practitioners in other services relevant to vulnerable children and young people (e.g. education, health, youth work, and the youth/criminal justice system).
Monday 11th of December 2017
- Nigel Richardson, Former Director of Children's Services, Leeds City Council
- Camelia Borg, Public speaker and former service user
- Geoff Mulgan, Chief Executive, Nesta