This was the Alliance's first time in Northern Ireland and considered the use of evidence within social policy and practice in the nation.
The aim of the afternoon was to generate discussion regarding how to increase the demand for useful evidence and ensure that current evidence is effective in its results and targeted audience.
The event was well attended by a mix of civil servants, academics, community and voluntary organisations and organisations from the private sector.
Wednesday 15th of May 2013 1:00pm - 3:30pm
Riddel Hall, Queen's University
- Geoff Mulgan, Chief Executive, Nesta
- Padraic Quirk, Country Director, Atlantic Philanthropies
- Catherine Bell, Deputy Secretary, Department for Employment and Learning
- Professor Paul Connolly, Head of School of Education, Queen's University
- Seamus McAleavey, Chief Executive, NICVA
- Brendan McDonnell, Director, CENI