SPARK session – Testing social policy innovation – Brussels
Tuesday 20th of May 2014 European Commission, Rue Joseph II, 27, room 00/A111, 1000 Brussels 2:00pm - 5:00pm
This information session explored methods to test Social Policy Innovation. We reviewed the practice of testing new ideas and policies and collecting evidence about the real impact of measures on people. We also launched a new European-based Network for Social Policy Analysis for Robust Knowledge (SPARK).
The event covered:
· The meaning of Social Policy Innovation
· The benefits of policy impact assessment
· Social policy experimentation best practice in Europe
· Follow up training and resources available from the European Commission
· The benefits of joining SPARK
The SPARK network is for policymakers, practitioners, organisations or individuals who want to further their own evidence through policy impact assessment and encourage a wider debate on research in social policy.
This is part of a larger initiative from the EU Directorate General for Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion to promote the benefits of social policy experimentation throughout the EU. The project is managed by LSE Enterprise, the consulting arm of the London School of Economics, in partnership with J-PAL Europe and the Alliance for Useful Evidence.
Join SPARK here.
For more information, please look at our website or contact:
Ms Bregtje Kamphuis
Project Manager, LSE Enterprise Ltd
Email: [email protected]
- Dr Simona Milio, Associate Director of the Social and Cohesion Policy Unit at LSE Enterprise
- Mr Ettore Marchetti, Policy Officer, DG EMPL - Unit D3: Social Protection and Activation systems European Commission
(about 6 hours ago)
(about 15 hours ago)
We need to ask 'what's it like to be a young person growing up in this area?' Context is key. Nigel Richardson at… https://t.co/jQq657bX66(about 16 hours ago)
. @CameliaBorg shares what made a difference to her growing up - her foster carer, advocate and support worker list… https://t.co/jGBiszvgXE(about 17 hours ago)
(about 17 hours ago)