Welsh Policy Focus Week: Evidence in Practice & Introducing Evidence Exchange
Wednesday 19th of November 2014 Crown Buildings, Cathays Park, Cardiff, CF10 3NQ 12:00pm - 3:00pm
On Wednesday 19th November, as part of the Welsh Government's Policy Focus Week, we'll be running two events in Cardiff.
The Evidence Exchange Project - sharing evidence across jurisdictions
The 'national 'laboratories' promised at the advent of devolution never quite came to fruition. The Evidence Exchange project aims to look at how we can best share, demand and use evidence across jurisdictions, social policy areas and sectors in the UK. Jonathan Breckon, Head of the Alliance, will explain how the project works and how it can be a benefit to the work of policy professionals in Wales.
Evidence in practice: discussion panel with the Alliance and Welsh Government
Evidence isn't a costly luxury; it's an essential policy tool. Using evidence doesn't have to be complicated; doing simple things can bring big gains. Professor Jonathan Shepherd (keynote), Cardiff University, and Jonathan Breckon, Head of the Alliance, will be joined by Patricia Vernon, Head of Healthcare Quality Legislation, and other panelists to share and compare their practical experiences of the positives and negatives of using evidence to shape policy and delivery.
Interested in attending?
- Professor Jonathan Shepherd (keynote), Professor of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and Director, Violence Research Group, Cardiff University
- Professor Steve Martin (Chair), Public Policy Institute for Wales
- Jonathan Breckon, Head of the Alliance for Useful Evidence
- Patricia Vernon, Head of Healthcare Quality Legislation
- Lisa Dobbins, Head of Housing Quality Standards, Homes & Places Division, Welsh Government
- Tracey Breheny (Chair), Deputy Director of Substance Misuse, Welsh Government
(about 8 hours ago)
(about 2 days ago)
Developing the new What Works Centre for Children’s Social Care | Nesta https://t.co/QHziCJBlCC via @nesta_uk(about 5 days ago)
Send in your nominations for SRA Wales social researcher before Oct, 19 https://t.co/iHHe0PXjEr(about 6 days ago)
Nesta crowdsourcing your ideas to tackle our education challenges. Pitch your ideas by 30th. https://t.co/EuOl5DxPZ0 via @nesta_uk(about 8 days ago)