Alliance for Useful Evidence in partnerships with the Royal Statistical Society are hosting a second 'Post-Truth' meeting, this time in Newport Wales. This follows an initial 'post truth' event held earlier this year at the Royal Statistical Society (and which is available to watch here).
Featuring speakers from locally based organisations such as the People and Work Unit, the Office for National Statistics' Newport campus and Cardiff Business School, the panel will discuss what ‘post-truth’ is, and whether this new word describes an already familiar problem. The panel will also explore what can be done to ensure that statistics, facts and evidence are part of a balanced debate in the media and politics.
This is a free event but attendees must register first.
Wednesday 12th of July 2017 12:00pm - 2:00pm
Tredegar House , Newport, Wales, NP10 8YW
- Iain Bell - Deputy National Statistician for Population and Public Policy, ONS
- Professor Leighton Andrews - Cardiff University
- Sarah Lloyd-Jones - Director, People and Work Unit
- Timandra Harkness - Author, Presenter & Comedian
- Chair: Jonathan Breckon, Director for the Alliance for Useful Evidence