Liberal Democrats 2014 Party Conference
Tuesday 7th of October 2014 Barra Room, Crowne Plaza, Glasgow 1:00pm - 2:00pm
Reducing Crime: how do we know what really works?
This event took place outside of the secure zone.
At the 2014 Liberal Democrat Party Conference hosted this fringe event with NatCen Social Research, the British Psychological Society and Sense about Science.
It explored how research evidence is used in crime policy and what are the barriers to using clear, high-quality evidence. It also questioned how we can use trials and experimental research on crime reduction to learn what works - and what does not.
There was no need to register and refreshments were provided.
- Norman Baker MP, Minister of State for Crime Prevention
- Sir Alan Beith MP, Chair, House of Commons Justice Select Committee
- Dr Prateek Buch, Director, Public Policy, Sense about Science
- Dr Lisa Morrison Coulthard, Lead Policy Advisor, British Psychological Society
- Caroline Turley, Joint Head, Crime and Justice Team, NatCen Social Research
(about 6 hours ago)
(about 15 hours ago)
We need to ask 'what's it like to be a young person growing up in this area?' Context is key. Nigel Richardson at… https://t.co/jQq657bX66(about 16 hours ago)
. @CameliaBorg shares what made a difference to her growing up - her foster carer, advocate and support worker list… https://t.co/jGBiszvgXE(about 17 hours ago)
(about 17 hours ago)