Announcing the ‘What Works’ centres
Monday 4th of March 2013 London
On Monday 4 March 2013 there was a Ministerial announcement of a new network of ‘what works’ evidence centres at an event hosted at Nesta with ESRC, BIG Lottery, Cabinet Office and others. To read the press release from the Cabinet Office, click here.
The What Works Network, a key action in the Civil Service reform plan, will consist of two existing centres of excellence – the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) and the Educational Endowment Foundation – plus four new independent institutions responsible for gathering, assessing and sharing the most robust evidence to inform policy and service delivery in tackling crime, promoting active and independent ageing, effective early intervention, and fostering local economic growth. A What Works National Adviser will chair the Network.
- Dr Will Cavendish Executive Director, Cabinet Office
- Rt Hon Danny Alexander MPChief Secretary to the Treasury
- Professor Paul Boyle Chief Executive, ESRC
- Rt Hon Oliver Letwin MPMinister for Government Policy
- Nat Sloane Chair, BIG Lottery Fund, England
(about 2 days ago)
(about 4 days ago)
(about 5 days ago)
(about 6 days ago)
(about 9 days ago)